On Thursday July 12, prior to the beginning of the Symposium, the ICT and the Education Foundation host the scholarship students and their professors for job interviews with industry employers and other educational activities.
In 2002, the Insurance Council of Texas began raising money for educational scholarships and other academic purposes to support insurance education in Texas colleges and universities. In 2007, the Insurance Council of Texas Education Foundation was created for charitable and educational purposes. It uses its resources to support students enrolled in insurance and risk management courses at Texas colleges and universities.
Key facts about the Education Foundation:
- Since 2002, has awarded over $1 million to 500+ students enrolled at 12 Texas colleges and universities
- In 2017, surpassed the $1 million milestone and recognized the milestone during a celebration at the University of North Texas where the one millionth dollar was awarded. Watch the video of this event here.
- Raises funds from corporate donors and individual donations from industry professionals
- Is governed by a nine member board of trustees
- Hosts a silent auction at the Symposium’s Welcome and Networking Reception
In addition to giving scholarships to the students, the Education Foundation invites each scholarship recipient to attend the ICT/AFACT Property & Casualty Symposium. In order to help the students connect with insurers from around the state and nation, ICT hosts in a Speed Interview and Network Session for the students who have an opportunity to interview with multiple insurance companies, and later the students are invited to take a tour of the Texas Department of Insurance.
Watch the video below to see our successful session from last year
2018 SYMPOSIUM EDUCATION ACTIVITIES
Thursday July 12th
||Students prepare for interviews|
|10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||3rd Annual Speed Interview & Network Session
|11:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Foundation round-table with professors
|12:00 PM – 1:30 PM||Lunch for students
|1:30 PM||Students/professors depart for TDI
|2:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Tour of The Texas Department of Insurance|